All of our positions are remote and we can only hire in the United States and Canada.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
In the past year our operations team has built the infrastructure needed to operate a secure, high availability, high volume certificate authority. There are high standards for the work that we do and the world is watching.
A candidate for sysadmin at Let’s Encrypt should have a solid background in 24/7 production operations and have experience with all the components of a modern datacenter environment. You should have experience with security and stability monitoring, virtualization, firewalls, configuration management, database management, rapid provisioning and systemd.
Collaborating effectively with ISRG developers and the community is critical. You’ll be working with both fellow employees and our open-source community. ISRG staff live in various places in the U.S. and Canada, and we do the vast majority of our collaboration online.
- Experience working with highly-available, internet-facing sites
- Solid understanding of PKI
- Configuration management experience (SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with development team
- Hardware SAN experience
- Scripting and coding experience
- Networking management experience (firewalls and switches)
- Experience implementing monitoring, security, and logging systems
- Database troubleshooting and HA maintenance experience
- Ability to use and manage security tools such as FIM, IDM, SIEM, vulnerability scanner
- Experience in regulated and high-security environments
- Hardware Security Module (HSM) experience is a plus