ISRG is a California public benefit corporation, and is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. ISRG’s mission is to reduce financial, technological, and education barriers to secure communication over the Internet.
ISRG is proudly sponsored by a diverse group of organizations, from non-profits to Fortune 100 companies. We believe we can set an example for how everyone interested in a more secure Internet can work together to provide digital infrastructure for the public’s benefit. See this page for more on our sponsors.
Our current board members are:
- Josh Aas (ISRG) — ISRG Executive Director
- Stephen Ludin (Akamai)
- J. Alex Halderman (University of Michigan)
- Jennifer Granick (Stanford Law School)
- Laura Thomson (Mozilla)
- Cullen Jennings (Cisco)
- Peter Eckersley (EFF)
- Alex Polvi (CoreOS)
- Pascal Jaillon (OVH)
Technical Advisory Board (TAB)
Our TAB consists of technical experts from major supporting organizations, as well as independent experts with strong CA/PKI industry experience.
- Rich Salz (Akamai)
- Joe Hildebrand (Independent)
- Jacob Hoffman-Andrews (Electronic Frontier Foundation)
- J.C. Jones (Mozilla)
- Russ Housley (Independent)
- Ryan Hurst (Independent)
- Stephen Kent (Independent)
- Karen O’Donoghue (Internet Society)
- Ivan Ristic (Independent)